2006/01/26

Too much excitement

I admit it, our life if pretty boring here in Al Ain.  At least most of the time.  The other night we had too much excitement.  I went into the kitchen to get a drink and found a fire.  The exhaust fan had caught on fire, scorched the ceiling pretty good, and fell out of the window onto our wooden dish rack.  That then scorched the wall and ruined the dishes in the dishrack.
Image hosting by Photobucket

Image hosting by Photobucket



Image hosting by Photobucket

Image hosting by Photobucket
But I don't want to complain too much.  It didn't set the house on fire, and since the propane tank for the stove was only about three feet from the fire, it could have gotten really bad.  The dishes and the dishrack are pretty easy to replace (the maintenance man has already replaced the fan).

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow,

I'm glad to hear that everyone is ok and it didn't get out of control.

MR

don_veto said...

Happy to see you are alright, the same happened to my bathroom here in Kuwait. The fan was on fixed over my bathtub and it caught fire the same way. No major damage just a lot of smoke and melted plastic, make sure the new fan you got put in is not those cheap plastic ones but is of higher quality.

Anonymous said...

My friends house burnt down here in Al AIn this year. SO I have learned...you can get easy to use fire extinguishers in Sanayia. They have aerosol can spray type device so even a child could use it. Also, ACE hardware in Dubai And AD carry smoke alarms.

PS they had to putthe fire outthemselves. The fire brigade came after.