2005/07/06

Things I miss and don't miss

Inspired by a post on Essays in Idleness, here is a list of things I miss from America:

1. My family. The only real heartbreaking absence on the list. But, only four weeks until Bss and the kids get here, so this one will get better soon.
2. Pop-tarts. Some of my co-workers claim that they have seen these at various stores around town, but every time I go to these stores, they don't have them. Maybe I'll see some in Dubai tomorrow when I'm there.
3. Having a car. Which is why I'm going to Dubai, to go car shopping. It will be nice not to have to look for a cab to go somewhere.
4. Dr Pepper. I have seen this once or twice, but only in individual cans, not 2 liter bottles.
5. Bookstores with a wide selection of books in English.
6. Rain.

Things I don't miss:

1. College students who think that everyone needs to listen to their music as they drive.
2. Severe thunderstorms.
3. Local TV news.

5 comments:

SillyBahrainiGirl said...

hehehe
The list can go on and on and on..
hang in there!

try compiling a similar list in a year ;)

thanks for sharing ur thoughts ;)

just a mom said...

I have enjoyed reading you blog. My husband landed in Abu Dhabi today (July 6th) and will make his way to Al Ain next week. The kids and I will follow in 90 days. Since I will not hear from my husband often, your blog is helpful, and I hope that he is having as nice a time as you seem to be having. Thank you!

Bu3askoor said...

Brn,

Your family will be with you in no time, and you will leave your blog and us behind :)

I am not sure if i am late, but if you need help getting around Dubai to purchase a car please let me know. I can have my brother show you around.

Good luck

Anonymous said...

comon b, you know ya miss the canned southern weathern report "hot and humid with a chance of afternoon thundershowers" I have a sneekin suspicion that the knobs just make five forcasts wearin different suits, then take the rest of the summer off

Anonymous said...

You said you miss the rain, I don't ! I used to leave in the UK!