2005/05/31

Update

So, here is a quick update on what is going on:

1. Had a great going away party at work on Tuesday. I'm really going to miss everyone there. I arrived at the library as an unmarried, childless undergrad work-study student about 13 years ago; now I'm leaving as a married father of four. With the exception of two summers and 11 months at the other library at ECU, have been working there ever since.

2. My last day was Friday. And after waiting for three years, the job upgrade for my position finally came through. So my last paycheck, today, and the payoff for my unused vacation time will be about 10% more than I thought.

3. Had our yard sale this weekend. We got rid of a lot of stuff, made enough to pay for our rental truck, and donated what was left to our church school.

4. Moving day today. I pick up our truck at 8:00 am. I hope that we can be on the road by early afternoon, but you never know.

No comments: