2007/01/30

Who?

Today's Gulf News reports that Sheikh Mohammad met with "Tom Redj", former US National Security official. So, being something of a political junkie, I immediately thought, who is Tom Redj? And how important could he be if I have never heard of him?

So I looked up the name in Wikipedia. Not listed. So I tried to Google the name. Only one result returns, from a Chinese PDF file that just has those characters, not as a name.

So now, I'm wondering, is it possible that someone has pulled a fast on by claiming to be a former American official? Then I finally look closely at the man sitting to Mohammad's right and it clicks. I think that you will find that the former Secretary of Homeland Security spells his name "Tom Ridge".

1 comment:

UAE Students said...

That is a classic! Nice work.